• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sometimes my phone doesn't ring.

mountainlover

Android Enthusiast
Any idea what could be causing this? I never had any trouble until the last update. Now sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes it works just fine, other times it won't ring but will show a missed call and yet other times it does nothing...like my daughter said she tried calling me several times last night but when she tried she got nothing, no ring, nothing. I've noticed Once in a while my phone will light up for what seems like no reason, I wonder if I'm missing calls when this happens...

Any idea what could be causing this? I never had any trouble until the last update. Now sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes it works just fine, other times it won't ring but will show a missed call and yet other times it does nothing...like my daughter said she tried calling me several times last night but when she tried she got nothing, no ring, nothing. I've noticed Once in a while my phone will light up for what seems like no reason, I wonder if I'm missing calls when this happens...

The fact that it sometimes works at least means that your phone is capable of getting a signal. If a customer came into my store with these symptoms (worked for VZW yeeaaaaaaars ago - when this was a common symptpom in fringe areas before the digital network was so built up) I would want to know: 1) does the missed call always happen in the same places and 2) does it happen in places where you used to receive calls prior to accepting the update.

If the answer to 1 is yes and 2 is no, the answer is simply that you are experiencing low-signal in certain spots. Usually, and most obviously, due to distance from the nearest tower or physical obstructions. But less commonly due to traffic (which reduces capacity) on the cell sites you're phone is connected to at that time. In this case, the only solution is to know where the deadspot is and not expect to always receive calls there.

Regardless of the answer I would have them try to reprogram their phones and see if it helps.

Good luck!

I'm not sure where all it's happening but i notice it the most at home. I never had trouble making or receiving calls from here before the update. I still don't have trouble making them and I don't have dropped calls. We all have verizon phones and mine is the only one having this problem. ( dh has a corporate blackberry and ds has an incredible)

Hmm....only for incoming calls huh? Have you called tech support? I'm actually curious as to what they would suggest at this point.

Have you tried reprogramming via *228? Not sure if this would fix your problem but simple and worth a try if you haven't already done so.

It happened to my phone too, sometimes people told me they tried to call me several times but I never heard the phone rings or miss call on the phone. If there a solution, please HELP!

Back
Top Bottom