• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Xperia Neo - How is it ?

Hi,
I was having a look at Sony Xperia Neo and it looks good in all aspects. Sony has always been known for their audio and video performance (including photos), but overall hows the performance of this beast?

Are there any shortcomings in this phone ? Battery life, screen quality, divx / xvid and other important image and video frmat support out of the box, after sales support in India etc.

Pls suggest. I am comparing it against Samsung Galaxy S and SL (India).

Thanks
Omkar Ghaisas

Hey there.I am looking at these phones and i am from india as well.i will be purchasing the phone in august and wanna spend all the time left in purchasing the right phone.
All the videos of this phone show a slight lag at various parts of the ui,i suspect the highly graphical ui overlay.But would like to here some expert advise.If the lag is just a small glitch then i belive the neo would be a better all round device.
p.s.(omkar i have no intentions on highjacking your post.its just that i got here to post this and found your thread.thought that since we are searching for the same stuff,may be we could help each other!)

Hey there.I am looking at these phones and i am from india as well.i will be purchasing the phone in august and wanna spend all the time left in purchasing the right phone.
All the videos of this phone show a slight lag at various parts of the ui,i suspect the highly graphical ui overlay.But would like to here some expert advise.If the lag is just a small glitch then i belive the neo would be a better all round device.
p.s.(omkar i have no intentions on highjacking your post.its just that i got here to post this and found your thread.thought that since we are searching for the same stuff,may be we could help each other!)

:) No issues.. The only intention is to save (a lot of) money and get the best phone..

Been using Neo for a week. I think, speedwise, like its bro Arc, is second to Optimus 2X. Remember lagging is not unusual for all smartphones, including the ubiquitous IP4 (the extent of lagging is an issue, though.) For Neo, this seems not troubling me anyway.

Camera-wise, what I would say is it takes superb pictures and videos. See it on big TV and you will know what I mean. I don't watch video extensively on Neo, as this only kills the battery, so I cannot comment on the video format support.

For battery life, enough to support a whole day for general daily usage (very different from person to person, tho'. For me, this means general usage of phones to call; checking emails; browsing Market for updates;listening to a song or two; and browsing over internet for a while).

It has a smaller screen than Arc, yet it gives you a front-end camera!

I've been using it for a week too. The interface is very smooth, and I've had very few problems.

I honestly think that this phone is great value for money if bought off-contract when compared to the other Android phones on the market.

Battery life is a slight shortcoming. I normally get it to last a day my usage, although my friends say theirs last slightly longer. I'll watch a few videos, read the news, check my email. According to the battery management, it's the display that's sucking the power. But, I'm not about to turn the brightness down because I like the look of this screen on full brightness... but I do keep a spare battery with me for emergencies (haven't used it yet)

As for video quality... I downloaded some standard quality videos from YouTube using an app from the market... and the quality was great. The Bravia Engine really makes a difference. I'm guessing the small screen size helps, but the quality on my phone looked much better than on my computer. Even grainy pictures come out looking great with the Bravia Engine.

In short, I'm impressed by this snappy, reasonably priced phone.

Also, even though it's not the thinnest phone in the world, its curvature makes it a comfortable phone to hold, especially when compared to a certain non-Android 4th generation phone

Back
Top Bottom