• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Xperia Z Stuck in Ultra Stamina Mode-Please Help!

L

Lurtz113

Hey everyone,
So this started after I used Ultra Stamina Mode to conserve power, but after I turned it off my phone went into some weird state that looks like ultra stamina mode but not completely... I can use internet/wifi, 10% of my apps are (facebook, whatsapp etc) usable while the rest are inaccessible like usually in USM. Its very frustrating...not sure what to do... I used USM before (Nov last year) and it worked fine, so I have no idea why it would play up like it has.
If anyone has had this and/or knows how to fix it please enlighten me.
Thank you!

Welcome!

I've never come across such an issue myself, so the following is just guesswork...

Power off the phone, fully charge it, then switch it back on. That may be all that's required.

If that is unsuccessful then I would suggest using Xperia Companion (download links near the foot of the page) to perform a software repair. This will reinstall the most recent device firmware and shouldn't result in any loss of user data. However I always advocate a backup beforehand just in case Murphy strikes. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones