• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sound issue? Glitch?

First of all...thank you dfuse06 for your amazing BrokenOS rom...it is a beautiful thing!! Also thanks to all other devs that have worked on this phone (edit: masterchief87, etc)...I suck at remembering names but you are all amazing!

So the BrokenOS rom runs insanely well on my zmax, no issues other than a strange sound glitch where certain apps will play sounds but others won't. AKA swiftkey, I cannot get sound out of my speakers when I turn on the sound notifications for when I tap the keys. metroPCS visual voicemail won't play any voicemails (POS app is probably to blame here). PCMrecorder records sound, but I cannot play them through my phone. If I take the recordings off my phone and play them on my PC, they play just fine. Google play music will stream music but randomly does that "black screen red light" thing, no biggie just hard restart and it's good to go. Amazon music plays anything just fine (weird?).

Anyone have a similar situation going on? I don't know if I just screwed something up in the settings or what. I can't seem to fully resolve my audio issues though....even just figuring out why Google Play Music is crashing or Swiftkey won't play keyboard sounds would be glorious. Any insight would be much appreciated....

Other than that, BrokenOS is ****ing perfect. I can't thank you devs enough for the work you have put into this crazy phone, all the roms I have tried in the past were totally awesome!

Last edited:
First of all...thank you dfuse06 for your amazing BrokenOS rom...it is a beautiful thing!! Also thanks to all other devs that have worked on this phone (edit: masterchief87, etc)...I suck at remembering names but you are all amazing!

So the BrokenOS rom runs insanely well on my zmax, no issues other than a strange sound glitch where certain apps will play sounds but others won't. AKA swiftkey, I cannot get sound out of my speakers when I turn on the sound notifications for when I tap the keys. metroPCS visual voicemail won't play any voicemails (POS app is probably to blame here). PCMrecorder records sound, but I cannot play them through my phone. If I take the recordings off my phone and play them on my PC, they play just fine. Google play music will stream music but randomly does that "black screen red light" thing, no biggie just hard restart and it's good to go. Amazon music plays anything just fine (weird?).

Anyone have a similar situation going on? I don't know if I just screwed something up in the settings or what. I can't seem to fully resolve my audio issues though....even just figuring out why Google Play Music is crashing or Swiftkey won't play keyboard sounds would be glorious. Any insight would be much appreciated....

Other than that, BrokenOS is ****ing perfect. I can't thank you devs enough for the work you have put into this crazy phone, all the roms I have tried in the past were totally awesome!

well here the answer and it work on my cm12.1 rc6

http://androidforums.com/threads/dolby-atmos.972685/

Back
Top Bottom