• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound problems on mxq 4k TV box

Sound problems, MXQ 4K

Hi thanks for your time and patience with me and my typing, i need help again please.

Wow you tube and me being a electronic tec, you learn allot fast, i found one with just

Urls man you have allot to play with takes days just to try them all lol!

Anyway that's not the problem, it's stable no problems, but the sound sucks so badly

I'm into home stereo, high definition, and all of that. This box takes my stereo to 63 maximum

Volume just to get ok volume off you tube! The movie and TV you have to use the speaker

Control by the play and rew controls, the boost hast to be boosted all the way up! Of

Course it's hdmi but my hdmi goes TV to stereo, my stereo has hdmi I'm going to try

Direct from the android box to the stereo. This is annoying great channels but crappie

Sound! I know like you have said cheep i opened mine up not much in there or quality.

For people looking to root this box mine has no reset button! I held down my remote control

A little bit to long and got reboot or safe mode! I haven't tried it because i don't have a

Replacement rom, and didn't want to crash it . but here's a tip for you to try, Samsung

Galaxy tablet hold down the power for a while and I accidentally rooted my tablet lol

Had 2 send it in

thank you for your time and help I really appreciate it so much

Sound! I know like you have said cheep i opened mine up not much in there or quality.

Yup, this is a $20 cheapo unbranded device, unknown manufacturer, so don't expect things to be truly wonderful and HiFi with it.

The wholesale leaving the factory cost of these things is less than $10, so you can imagine what few cents were spent on the audio side of things with it out of the overall BoM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah its funny how much they make you pay for a 20 or less to make box

My stereo has hdmi directly 2 it it can switch sources, like a one hdmi TV now has 4 hdmi

I plugged the mxq into it using my thick high quality hdmi cable from my old dvd player,

And optical sound. Holy crap at 40 on the dial you can go deaf. Every tiny factor makes a huge

Difference, box quality, having to go through a bunch of sources before the stereo and especially

Hdmi cable quality then a optical audio never seem to get dolby but cheap boxes i love youtube

To fill the crap out of it still trying to hook my terabyte drive to it as one of those external to internal

Set ups or at least force it to use it as another storage that I don't know manually use anyone
This or secede doing it if so please let me know i just wiped half of my backups for this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones