• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Speed up CM9 development?

ThrillKill

Will CM9 be easier to develop for the bolt when the 4.0 update source code is released? I was reading that there were driver issues..this would seem to mean that HTC will be making new drivers for ics

The problem is the ril that controls the radio. With ics its a totally new ril and not compatible with the bolts radios. They are trying to write a totally new ril and liquid almost has one working. If they release a leak of the thunderbolt ics from HTC. They will be able to pull that.

Other than that the ics roms are working except for camera and camcorder.

The problem is the ril that controls the radio. With ics its a totally new ril and not compatible with the bolts radios. They are trying to write a totally new ril and liquid almost has one working. If they release a leak of the thunderbolt ics from HTC. They will be able to pull that.

Other than that the ics roms are working except for camera and camcorder.

That, and who is supporting the bolt for CM9? Slayher has been pretty much MIA with it for awhile now, does CM have someone else?

Looks like the tbolt forum is coming to an end

LOL yeah ok. D1 and Eris forums are still alive and well. Every possible thing to be done with gingerbread has been done. Wouldn't you agree it would be pointless to just keep making the same ole similar sense and AOSP gingerbread roms?
WHEN there is something new to develop (AOSP ICS, Sense ICS, perhaps MIUI ICS) developers will get back to work. Does this community not realize NOT ONE HTC phone has an official ICS update and even the much newer rezound JUST got a leak a few days ago. Where is the patience?

At this point I have GB working so well I am in no rush. when it happens it happens. I expect more different than better anyhow.

LOL yeah ok. D1 and Eris forums are still alive and well. Every possible thing to be done with gingerbread has been done. Wouldn't you agree it would be pointless to just keep making the same ole similar sense and AOSP gingerbread roms?
WHEN there is something new to develop (AOSP ICS, Sense ICS, perhaps MIUI ICS) developers will get back to work. Does this community not realize NOT ONE HTC phone has an official ICS update and even the much newer rezound JUST got a leak a few days ago. Where is the patience?

At this point I have GB working so well I am in no rush. when it happens it happens. I expect more different than better anyhow.

Yeah, I mean it's only been available since November...

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347066
rootzwiki.com/topic/8424-playground-ics-multi-device-beta-5
rootzwiki.com/topic/13051-aospliquidsmooth-ics-beta012812/
rootzwiki.com/topic/17561-tutorial-so-you-want-to-build-aokpics-for-the-thunderbolt/

Yeah, I mean it's only been available since November...

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1347066
rootzwiki.com/topic/8424-playground-ics-multi-device-beta-5
rootzwiki.com/topic/13051-aospliquidsmooth-ics-beta012812/
rootzwiki.com/topic/17561-tutorial-so-you-want-to-build-aokpics-for-the-thunderbolt/

twisted the ICS developer is that you lol. pretty much everything is working well at this point (I've tried playground about 100 times already) except video and data. its not like ICS for TB in its current state of development sucks or doesn't get developer attention.. It works great except the fact there is no data lol

Just sold my Gnex on eBay yesterday and activated the good ole reliable TBolt again. Awesome ICS roms or not, I can't use a phone with crappy reception. Where my Gnex has weak 3G my TBolt has strong 4G. Go figure.

I read a massive article on this that explained that the gnex doesn't actually have signal issues. It actually is BETTER at recognizing a weak 4g signal and therefore switches to a stronger 3g signal. Any news in cm9?

They need to appoint a new developer to this project. HTC one x just got support.

the one x doesnt have lte. apparently multiple cores are not as hard to incorporate as dual radios ;)

at any rate,people are not "appointed" by cm to work on any particular project. they volunteer,and i would try appreciating thw work that they do if you wish for them to continue doing it.

lte/3g ril is tough to figure out with no source code.

what we need to worry more about with ics than AOSP ril is new hboots. i havent seen a device yet thats used the same hboot for ICS as it did for GB. all you guys that are running patched hboots(revolutionary rooted or shadowmite)or the old eng hboot(old skool rooted) arent going to be able to run ics without unrooting unless someone steps up and patches a new hboot when the leaks start. :eek:

the one x doesnt have lte. apparently multiple cores are not as hard to incorporate as dual radios ;)

at any rate,people are not "appointed" by cm to work on any particular project. they volunteer,and i would try appreciating thw work that they do if you wish for them to continue doing it.

lte/3g ril is tough to figure out with no source code.

what we need to worry more about with ics than AOSP ril is new hboots. i havent seen a device yet thats used the same hboot for ICS as it did for GB. all you guys that are running patched hboots(revolutionary rooted or shadowmite)or the old eng hboot(old skool rooted) arent going to be able to run ics without unrooting unless someone steps up and patches a new hboot when the leaks start. :eek:

sorry. just getting very impatient. i'd like to continue using my thunderbolt but not having the latest os is killing me. i'm about to upgrade just because of ics.

sorry. just getting very impatient. i'd like to continue using my thunderbolt but not having the latest os is killing me. i'm about to upgrade just because of ics.

i feel you there. i havent used my TB in sometime,cause i have the same latest and greatest desires.

i have phone ADD,lol,so im always watching CL and jumping on cheap used HTCs when i see em. i jumped on my rezound for $125 getting it used and didnt waste any upgrades. inc 2 also has a pretty functiuonal ICS port,as does the inc 1,but ive not used it so i cant comment on how well it runs. used Gnexes are starting to come down in price as well.

I read a massive article on this that explained that the gnex doesn't actually have signal issues. It actually is BETTER at recognizing a weak 4g signal and therefore switches to a stronger 3g signal. Any news in cm9?

I am not just basing my opinion on the amount of bars or db level reported by each phone. I am talking about trying to use apps which require data, and the TBolt will do this in many areas where the Gnex won't. But to each his own.

After being back on my Bolt for a few weeks, running Liquid 3.2, about the only thing I miss on the Gnex was the AMOLED screen.

Back
Top Bottom