• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] bricked? movinand checksum confirmation fail

lost0ne

Lurker
I tried to flash one of the recovery images but now I'm stuck in a bootloop that displays "movinand checksum confirmation fail" in red text.

Any ideas on how to get this phone working again. Odin is still working, but I cant boot into anything other than that or a bootloop.

Stock rom image didn't work, I'd have better hopes of recovery if samsung released a full firmware image, appears to be secure boot and/or something corrupt on the phone.

I also attached a pit file I extracted using heimdall, if someone could compare it against a working phone, and maybe extract the other partitions not in the stock rom?

phone details: Sprint model:sph-l300 fcc id: a3lspl300 date?: 13.01

Attachments

Need more info. What recovery image did you try? Was it an Odin .tar? Twrp flashable .zip? Twrp backup?
If you flashed recovery .img, that's just the stock recovery, its not the system.

It was an odin tar of twrp don't remember which though,
also tried to recover using the victory_4.0.4.tar from oudhs.
I couldn't find a complete recovery for 4.1.2 to try.

All I can tell is its not passing the bootchain checksum before or during handing off to the boot image, or recovery image.
Maybe a bootchain image from 4.1.2 could make it pass its checksum test, the 4.0.4 image didnt.

Back
Top Bottom