• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] Theming question.

I have a rooted GS3 with no custom Rom. Just stock. Can I theme it while it is just stock? Or do I need a custom Rom? I want to replace the battery icon with a battery icon that shows the battery life percentage. That's all I want to do. I have an app that does this, but it's in my status bar in addition to my original battery icon, and it looks messy. Do I go to UOT Kitchen to make this? Or can someone here help me?

I originally asked this in XDA, but you guys are less intimidating, ( ;) ) so could you lend a Panda a hand?

Thank you for the info. But I'd like to make an icon with the battery indicator inside the battery picture. Or a ring with the battery indicator in the middle. I know i can it in UOT. But can I flash it using straight stock? No Rom? I just don't want to flash a rom just yet. I want to take time to read about all of the roms before i flash.

EDIT: Annnnnnd the Kitchen is closed. Apparently for a week, now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990829&page=681. Now what do I do? I don't know how to do this on my own. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones