• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Cyanogenmod installer for L720T

Thatdad

Android Expert
If I use the L720 one will it brick my device or just take away spark? Because I don't really care about spark.

Only bad part is I don't have an SD card for a custom recovery.

Is it safe for me to proceed or no?

first things first. you can flash any (regular) l720 rom on the l720t and it will work fine. second. you do not need an external sdcard for recovery. (this is stored on device). and third.. spark is kool. lol I get better speeds than my Wi-Fi.. hahaha last. you should be fine. but I'd not do an installer app. I'd download the official rom.zip and flash that. but this would require Odin from a pc.

first things first. you can flash any (regular) l720 rom on the l720t and it will work fine. second. you do not need an external sdcard for recovery. (this is stored on device). and third.. spark is kool. lol I get better speeds than my Wi-Fi.. hahaha last. you should be fine. but I'd not do an installer app. I'd download the official rom.zip and flash that. but this would require Odin from a pc.

I'll most likely go this route as my coworker has a Windows 8 laptop and the installer wouldn't even install on the laptop

Does Odin work on Linux?

nope. you need windows and Odin multi downloader. I have made a tutorial and you can just skip the root if you've obtained it and move on to next steps. ;)

Sorry but what exactly do you mean by "regular" l720 rom? I'm just a little unclear on that part. Does that mean any rom for the l720 or certain roms and if it's certain roms, would the cyanogenmod for the l720 work?

Sorry but what exactly do you mean by "regular" l720 rom? I'm just a little unclear on that part. Does that mean any rom for the l720 or certain roms and if it's certain roms, would the cyanogenmod for the l720 work?
The l720 one works, l720t rom would have sprint spark on it, l720 doesn't have sprint spark on it.

Back
Top Bottom