• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Please need help to get some tar files!

bwxd

can someone please upload the stock kernel tar file or somehow direct me to where i can download it please. i believe that this is the solution to my touchscreen not working. thank you in advance!

well I kinda doubt its the kernel.. and sorry its not in a tar but if you think you can compile it into a proper tar or zip I do have this backup I made.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ynleyi4zvxpqsv/3.0.31-1539737 (stock kernel).img

otherwise the only other thing I can suggest is to try VaeVictus http://androidforums.com/sprint-vic...074-kernel-oc-vaevictus-1-8-ghz-goodness.html try the Uncapped 1.5ghz as some phones can't run the newer ones or flashing stock ICS will install the stock kernel, so if it still isn't working after either of those solutions I would imagine that either your digitizer is busted or you have some other, more serious problem in which case may as well outright replace the phone.

Kernel will probably not fix your touch screen. If I may ask, how did you break it?
It helps to know in finding a solution

i was trying to root the device via odin method, but all the twrp recovery would not work so i tried googling a cwm tar file not knowing there werent any. found one that said was cwm, victory_093013_19.28.21 but this turned out to be a boot.img. which messed up my phone's boot image and cause it not to fully load up. then i flashed back the 4.0.4 tar and thats when the screen stopped working. right now i still cant find a solution.

i was trying to root the device via odin method, but all the twrp recovery would not work so i tried googling a cwm tar file not knowing there werent any. found one that said was cwm, victory_093013_19.28.21 but this turned out to be a boot.img. which messed up my phone's boot image and cause it not to fully load up. then i flashed back the 4.0.4 tar and thats when the screen stopped working. right now i still cant find a solution.

The link suggested by salsahead seems to be your best bet. Its the entire ROM in tar format. Twrp most definitely works. Not sure why it would not work for you, but it is the only 100% working recovery for the victory.

So the touchscreen was broken before you tried to root with twrp? I was saying twrp would have worked when you first tried to root. You said you tried to root and twrp wouldn't work. Some one else had this problem because they flashed something for the wrong phone, I think it was for the s3 mini. But there was no fix. He had to do a RMA.

alright so the touchscreen did work initially. but seems twrp didnt work until i updated to the newest firmware for this phone. this led to me flashing the wrong thing and now i dunno what to do anymore. still cant be this screen to work. thanks every for the help so far.

Back
Top Bottom