• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Really need help messed up rooting.

mikeandrm

Lurker
i rooted my samsung victory. then i went to flash it and now i have no idea what happened or what is wrong . twrp is still on my phone i can go into download mode and recovery mode . but when i turn my phone on it passes the samsung then goes black then flashes whit with all kinds of pixled colors and just keeps flashing. i couldnt figure out to to back it up i may have but i dont think i did any suggestions?

1) When you flash a ROM, it's going to be a rooted ROM, so rooting the phone first (if your next move is to flash a ROM) is a waste of effort. You've rooted the ROM (the stock one) you're going to overwrite with the new ROM.

2) It sounds as if whatever ROM you flashed is either not for your phone, a badly done one or you got a bad download.

You can easily check the first one (look and see if the site you got it from says it's for the Victory $G LTE), and the last one (get an MD5 program, calculate the MD5 of the file you downloaded and compare it with the MD5 posted on the site for that file - if there's no MD5 posted [or it could be an SHA1], don't use it.)

As for the second one, see what everyone else at wherever you got the ROM from is saying about it.

In any case, you'll have to flash the ROM again - and maybe get one made for your phone, or download this one gain, depending on #1 and #3 above.

i went to a couple websites and downloaded and md5 original file for the stock phone so i can try and make it stock i cant even get thtat one to work

my phones is in odin mode and when i tried to boot loader the original file for the phone ... it failed. on the phone it says qualcom secure boot enable then in red under that odin: invalid id ext4 image

Back
Top Bottom