• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Updated Links for ROMs?

In the pinned thread Rooting for Newbies, the links in the second post for stock ROMs hosted at waywardpilgrim.net are dead (domain up for sale). Neither Google nor filewatcher.com are getting me anywhere. Does anybody have these and can re-post them, please?

Not planning on selling my Victory now, but should I choose to do so eBay requires they be stock. TIA!

Yeah, got those - they would require several additional steps to use since it has the original ICS ROM and then an update to JB. Might work for lack of anything else, but not ideal. Besides, I'm paranoid and try to get as many sources of files as possible in case something winds up not working. Many of the files I wanted were hosted at the waywardpilgrim.net domain.

For anyone who cares, found some interesting files here that just might be of use -- I suspect there are for Virgin Mobile users, but the recovery might be the same (can't imagine why that would differ). Use at your own risk.

For anyone who cares, found some interesting files here that just might be of use -- I suspect there are for Virgin Mobile users, but the recovery might be the same (can't imagine why that would differ). Use at your own risk.
Can you just place the victory_jb_factoryreset.zip on the root of your SD card, run it and you are back to stock JB unrooted?
Do you know if you can re-root the phone after downloading the ND4 update?

Again, those files are for Virgin Mobile users -- if you're on Ting (as I am and your tagline implies you also are), then you need Sprint files. I was just looking for a recovery to install since I highly doubt there's a difference in that partition between carriers. Restoring the stock recovery should allow OTA updates to work (might also have to reset the flash count to zero), which is one of the reasons I was interested in doing so.

Once ND4 is installed, the ability to have root access appears unaffected. I installed bricem's ND4 update on one of my phones with no problem, and I have installed SuperSU on it as well.

Again, those files are for Virgin Mobile users -- if you're on Ting (as I am and your tagline implies you also are), then you need Sprint files. I was just looking for a recovery to install since I highly doubt there's a difference in that partition between carriers. Restoring the stock recovery should allow OTA updates to work (might also have to reset the flash count to zero), which is one of the reasons I was interested in doing so.

Once ND4 is installed, the ability to have root access appears unaffected. I installed bricem's ND4 update on one of my phones with no problem, and I have installed SuperSU on it as well.
I am pretty sure those files on OUDHS are Sprint and not VM since xInterlopeRx was working with the Sprint Victories and he was involved in starting that site.

Back
Top Bottom