• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] What is the best rom in relation to battery life?

I've noticed that my battery is getting really low pretty quick (20-30% an hour) and the top of the front and back is getting pretty hot.

What roms would possibly fix overheating and battery guzzling issues?

What ROM are you currently on? I had to go through tons to get to the one I find is perfect for me. Like mrsmarbles above me said: slimkat. I cannot tell you how awesome this ROM is. I unplugged this morning at 7am and here it's 10:46pm and I'm at 37% and I used my phone for texting, several calls at work, emailing and gaming and I have not had to plug in at all during that time. Sprint LTE isn't 100% complete in my area so I do stay on 3G and I believe that also helps add to my battery life. I highly recommend you give it a shot :) let us know how it works out for you

Reactions: mrsmumbles
Upvote 0
What ROM are you currently on? I had to go through tons to get to the one I find is perfect for me. Like mrsmarbles above me said: slimkat. I cannot tell you how awesome this ROM is. I unplugged this morning at 7am and here it's 10:46pm and I'm at 37% and I used my phone for texting, several calls at work, emailing and gaming and I have not had to plug in at all during that time. Sprint LTE isn't 100% complete in my area so I do stay on 3G and I believe that also helps add to my battery life. I highly recommend you give it a shot :) let us know how it works out for you

It was my sd card for some reason it was making it overheat, but my battery life sucks still. Stock currently unrooted

I'm thinking of using CyanogenMod installer on it, what do you think?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones