• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Staighttalk

It looks to be a Verizon phone, so not yet. They're not allowing 4G phones from ST yet.

Fortunately the previous poster doesn't know what he is talking about.

Member xmguy1 is currently using his phone on the GSM side of straighttalk without issue. I have had and used a AT&T SIM in mine. Domestic GSM networks work great. There are people literally all over the world using this phone on GSM networks.

There are a few particulars about this phone when using a non-verizon SIM on a GSM network. As it is the phone will not ring and there is an annoying pop-up telling you that the phone has an unrecognized SIM. Also, since the Jellybean update the APNs cannot be edited without using a third party app.

Member Doctoror has developed an app that turns off the incoming call reject and the pop-up. Look at this thread:

http://androidforums.com/casio-g-zo...oming-calls-sim-unknown-source-popup-fix.html

Once that app is installed run it, flip the toggles and then you will be good to go.

Yes I run on Straight Talk via AT&T. I get HSPA / HSPA + speeds along with usual Edge and GPRS connections on GSM. So basically 4G (NOT 4G LTE), 3G and 2G. It all works fine but does need that app to allow incoming calls and blocking the non Verizon sim pop up.

Back
Top Bottom