• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Star Wars Acolyte?

Anyone watching?
I vaguely heard what it's about, and now I'm going to check it out later tonight.
So far 31% on rotten tomatoes....?
so there is some on going controversy with the series. it mainly has to do with a black, female lead along with an Asian character and the claims that the show is too woke. there is an ongoing campaign on Rotten Tomato to lower the rating scores. if you look on Rotten, the critics give it high praise, but the viewers are giving it low scores. its stupid.....and it is why i always do not solely rely on Rotten;'s scores to determine if i want to watch something. take it with a grain of salt if you will.

and people have taken quotes from an older interview out of context:

its a great show. i am talking about it over in the Star Wars thread:

Upvote 0
Why is this in the Tech Help section?
well Star Wars is all about technology and Star Wars Acolyte is a technology achievement!
Episode 7 Yes GIF by Star Wars

Upvote 0
so with episode 3 we get introduction to the twins backstory when they were young and how everything unraveled for them. it is shown that the twins were made without any men by witches. there is no men in the coven......making this episode made this series even more woke. they assume that the mother of the twins is a lesbian. it is really stupid and thus more people are review bombing the show.

i will say this though, the 3rd episode is not as well written as the first two. it is just an ok episode.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I've already written it off.
Nuff said....
really? its not bad. it is an interesting story so far. this series happens long before episode 1 and i am curious about the wookie jedi. i will be watching the 4th episode tomorrow where it is supposed to be about Kelnacca. plus i want to learn more about the master behind Mae's training.

i just hate the stupid political backlash the show is getting for representing people of different nationalities and sexual orientation. it is extremely stupid and is indicative of how divided and misguided we are.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones