• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starred vs VIP contacts

Flannigan

Lurker
Hi there,

What is the difference between a Starred contact and a VIP contact, please? (I appreciate that a contact can be both.)

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

Many thanks!
Dan

Hi there,

What is the difference between a Starred contact and a VIP contact, please? (I appreciate that a contact can be both.)

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

Many thanks!
Dan
What phone do you have? I don't have an option for vip. I do have an option for "favorites" which had a star. Doing this puts whatever contact I star at the top of my contacts list.

I have a OnePlus 7T. Android v12. See attached screenshot for Star and VIP options. I'm just using the built-in Contacts app.

Attachments

• 2023-01-04_14-20-37.gif
    2023-01-04_14-20-37.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 85
Funny thing is that it's normal for DND to have an option to allow calls from favourites through (but it's an option, you can choose not to do it). So it sounds like the main difference is ringing when the phone is set to silent.

One of the good things about Android is that manufacturers can vary things, add their own features, etc. But it does mean that it's not easy to tell what is "android" and what is "manufacturer X".

Back
Top Bottom