• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root still have space in system

dcooterfrog

ok I am using velocity 1.1 had battery issues with 1.2
i figure there is no reason to debloat things I don't need (email, calendar) unless I pu tsomethng in it place

after clearing out stuff I didn't need in 1.1 I have more than 18
mb left in my system space.
how much space do I need to leave in system

this after adding
samab server. never mount your sd card again. connect via wifi
go launcher
google docs
googel music (removed mui music)
widgetzoid
shush!... this belongs in all roms its awesome timed restore of silent phone. sets it self whey youturn the volume down and aske oyou when to turn it back up again.
remote wave player to play voicemail.
rootexplorer
pure calendar widget and mure messenger widget

each of these these apps is eihter free or paid but updates very slowly. I know if they update I will need to reintegrate them into the rom with titanium backup

but what else would you add.
I am thinking of moving touchdown there too because it replaces email and calendar for me. so I stripped those out.
titanium backup?

I dont think you need to keep a certain amout of space free, your phone doesnt normally write in system so you wont be getting low memory warnings and such. There are a few inconviences that come with updateing/integrating things in system, only speaking from my personal experience. Widgets break when integrating, sometimes after i update and integrate with titanium backup ill get the update notification again, but overall i find this as a great way to save space onb apps you cant move to your sd card or dont want to because of widgets and such given the apps dont update often. Did i mention that titanium backup is one of my favorite apps and the pro version is worth much more than 6 bucks.

Link2SD ... Nuff said.

nah that's interesting but not what I am looking for.

I have some apps that run poorly from the sd card even though I can put them there touchdown exchange is one.

second. what good does the extra space on system do for me.
if something runs fine form there I might as well use it.

the apps I listed are the ones i always restore immediately an do I wish were already include din roms. (samba for example)

the way i have things this minute I don't need an sd card unless I am playing a game or something.

Back
Top Bottom