• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Still vibrates when it shouldn't

I have my Esteem set to vibrate only when NOT in silent mode, but since I rooted it that doesn't work anymore. I can't get it to stop vibrating now. At night it can get annoying. The icon in the bar shows it completely silenced (speaker with x, not the vibrate icon) Anyone have this issue? Wondering if there is a fix for that. I don't want to have to unroot it.

I have a similar issue, I also set to vibrate only in silent and disabled haptic feedback and it still vibrates when I receive any notifications...I'm starting to gett annoyed by it.

I have a similar issue, I also set to vibrate only in silent and disabled haptic feedback and it still vibrates when I receive any notifications...I'm starting to gett annoyed by it.

I tried disabling the haptic feedback also. No luck. It's very hard to be a ninja when the phone is constantly buzzing.
Is your phone rooted as well?

Yeah my phone is rooted but I'm not sure that is the problem. I think it was doing it before rooting it. Now it's starting to do random reboots also...grrr

would I have to unroot it before I take it back? I'm not even sure they will replace it if it doesn't do it while I'm at the store...I hate to have to do all this all over and download all the apps again, what a pain.

would I have to unroot it before I take it back? I'm not even sure they will replace it if it doesn't do it while I'm at the store...I hate to have to do all this all over and download all the apps again, what a pain.

you can use titanium from market to backup all your apps, and you can restore them later but yes the phone will have to be unrooted and all the stock files back on it, you can download the unroot file in this thread and also download push stock apps.

I figured out that if I go into my texts and choose settings from there I can set vibration to never and that works, but it's annoying to have to switch it back on when I want it to vibrate. On my Optimus I was able to have it vibrate only when NOT silent. Here you can choose only WHEN silent. Oh well. At least I can stop it from vibrating at night which was the main problem.

I've had a few customers come into my store with this issue and their phone was not rooted.

What apps are you using for notifications?

The settings in the phone are based set for OS apps. Some third party apps can override those settings.

So if it's a third party app check the menu, settings and notification options. There usually is a setting to turn off vibrate, etc.

This worked for a few people when I helped them with this issue.

Hope this gives you another option to fix your issue.

you can use titanium from market to backup all your apps, and you can restore them later but yes the phone will have to be unrooted and all the stock files back on it, you can download the unroot file in this thread and also download push stock apps.

Make sure you delete the su.apk using root explorer from the /system/app folder and do a factory reset after you unroot.

I figured out that if I go into my texts and choose settings from there I can set vibration to never and that works, but it's annoying to have to switch it back on when I want it to vibrate. On my Optimus I was able to have it vibrate only when NOT silent. Here you can choose only WHEN silent. Oh well. At least I can stop it from vibrating at night which was the main problem.

I believe vibrate always is an option on my phone. I think you got a bum phone.... I'd do a factory reset at a minimum, once you are unrooted etc. Then I would start again. If it's still messed up, I would replace it as soon as possible.

When you set those to silent try and restarting the phone then.

Back
Top Bottom