• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Apps uninstalled but still low memory

snaprails

Lurker
Acer Liquid Metal Android 2.3.6.
Rooted phone so as to be able to uninstall some stock apps (Roadsync, docstogo, urfooz,spinlets).

Apps uninstalled ok using Root Uninstall and now don't show up in launcher or Manage Applications. However, the expected increase in free space hasn't appeared, still only 20.2MB, which is about what it was before. I was expecting to gain around 5MB at least.

Are the apps or something associated with them still lurking somewhere on my phone memory? If so how do I get free up this space?

Aha! Found some instructions here Android tips about clearing /data/dalvik-cache. This has resulted in now having 39MB free. That should keep me going for a bit :-)

Any other comments about freeing up space welcome though, the liquid metal doesn't seem to be over-blessed with it.

That dalvik cache will repopulate the next time you boot up the device. It's there to give a quick start to most used apps/widgets etc.

Clearing cache and data in application manager of all apps not used much can help.

Back
Top Bottom