• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop galaxy tab a8 splitting the screen

anon125

If I have more than one app open, maybe chrome and settings, then while browsing with Chrome, it splits and there is settings as well
Thanks guys

If I have more than one app open, maybe chrome and settings, then while browsing with Chrome, it splits and there is settings as well
Thanks guys
i m not sure i understand your question. the screen splits with chrome on one side and settings on another? does it do this with other browsers? can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about?
Looks like this forum is no longer used
and sorry, but sometimes posts get buried quickly if nobody responds quickly enough.....plus yesterday was a friday.....people are getting off work or making plans for the weekend.

How do i do a screenshot on a tab a8? Tried volume and home button but just got google assistant.
Thanks

ok lets try this. go to the phone's settings>advanced features>multi window>make sure that swipe for split screen is toggled off. that's the only thing i can think of that is causing this. i have a z fold 4 so you may or may not have this or at least the route to get there might be different.

another thing is to try putting the tablet into safe mode. this will prevent third party apps from running. then launch the browser and see if the issue persists. if it stops, then we know that a 3rd party app is the cause. if it continues then it is either an os glitch or some setting that is causing this.

and lastly your last resort is to do a factory reset. this will delete your data so backup accordingly.

advanced-multi window everything is to the left and grey, multiwindow for all apps is also off
thanks

just called samsung. person of course could barely speak english.
first guy did not know what split screen is! he insisted the screen was flashing. - it was not.
2nd person said to restart then said pressing the three lines twice would cause slit screen- it didnt.
BTW it takes a really very long time to boot- are they all like that or do i have a dud?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom