• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stop search results that default to local device features?

0mib

Lurker
I apologize if I'm posting this incorrectly, it's my first time on this forum. I love the stock Google search and it's assistant features and have almost no complaints about it so I don't want to switch my search but I would like to know how I can stop it from defaulting to a function relevant to my local device and its features/options, like when I search for torch, or Torchlight, it just turns on my flashlight instead of bringing up results related to the game or movie or whatever I'm actually looking for....I have had other instances of the same problem but can't think of any off the top of my head. it wouldn't be so bad if the relevant feature was just included in a list of search results but it just performs the action and gives me no results. Always enjoy learning about the inner workings of these things so any insight is appreciated, thank you in advance.

it is because assistant is programmed to listen to key words. if you want to search torch the game then you have to specify that it is the game and not the feature you want.

Back
Top Bottom