• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Storage Issues after flashing Android Revolution HD 43.0 to ONE M8

FoXTor

Lurker
Hello Everyone @ Android Forums, have just joined your community today and come to bug you lovely people/aliens. This is also my first time asking for help on a forum (or using a forum at all :p) so I apologize about my terrible phrasing etc. I'm having a few issues since flashing Android Revloution HD 43.0 custom rom. I'm hoping someone could assist and shed some light onto why it keeps happening and how to stop it in future, if possible.
My first and main issue is with memory management (both internalSD and externalSD). The issue being that after maybe a month or so after flashing android seems to be unable to manage anything stored on the phone. What I mean is, that when I try to delete an item (size irrelevant), it either, takes excessive amounts of time or does nothing but say deleting (sometimes if i go to my homescreen and back and the file is gone, there's just no confirmation). Oh and I can't format the SD card, it says format has been done but nothing actually happens. What's strange is, this is the same on my computer, if I try to access my phones storage from windows explorer it takes ages to load and deleting anything even kb size files, it stops responding! Resetting to factory usually soves this (and is the only way to reformat my memory card, which I do becuse it's faster than maually deleting a 30gb+ isyncr folder). Now the most frustrating issue of all, after a factory reset my internal memory is broken in some way? I can't download anything from a browser or HTC themes etc, it just tells me "download unsuccessful" and when i check my phones internal storage from the built in file manager it just says "/no files" even though there has to be, right? The only thing that fixes this issue is to reflash AR HD which brings up a new host of problems which although easily fixed, it's just a pain! Why does my android keep doing this? How can I stop this happening again? Thanks for any help guys and again apologies for this long winded question :)

Thanks so much for the help, this has been something that I haver never been able to find a fix for and not being able to factory reset without reflashing the rom is an irritating task. Really appreciate the assistance :)

Back
Top Bottom