• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Storage space running out

akoda

Lurker
I have a Samsung S8 64GB internal and 183 GB available on my SD card.

I keep getting messages "Storage space running out" I have some big video files that were on my internal drive, I moved these to my SD card but it continues to count them as being on my internal storage. I can see them on my SD card but can't find them on my internal. It seems like the storage tool isn't picking up on the move. Anyone seen this before?

Reactions: lvt
I can't remember how I formatted it, I have been using without issues for over a year now. How can I tell the format? I have moved all videos off of the device all together, moved photos and it still shows 99% drive used of internal. I am pondering copying all off of my card and then reformat it??

I can't remember how I formatted it, I have been using without issues for over a year now. How can I tell the format? I have moved all videos off of the device all together, moved photos and it still shows 99% drive used of internal. I am pondering copying all off of my card and then reformat it??
yes do it.....after that reformat it as internal storage.

just back everything up.

Does the S8 even allow you to format an SD card as internal? I didn't think Samsung included that option in their flagships.

Has it really been moved to the removable card, as opposed to moving to /sdcard (which is actually internal storage - a confusing botch to allow badly-coded old apps to run, and one of Google's great mistakes)?

Back
Top Bottom