• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange app on my LG G3

I ran an app on my phone called All In One Toolbox today to clean all the junk files off my phone and it found this (see last item in screenshot). Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-33-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-33-38.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 86
Ok, I get that you do not like the app, but what about the original question?
It's not about not liking the app - that thread is about not trusting anything apps like that report.

In any case - translated - your toolbox app is flagging Easy Share or - EasyShare - do you or have you had that installed?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easyshare.android&hl=en

The dev's webpage is hosted in the US, but - in Utah, so he may be domestic or he may be Chinese for all I know. For whatever reason, his webpage has tags (readable by Google search, not you and me) in English, German, and Chinese.

If it's the same app, for whatever reason, your app has extracted that Chinese tag from it.

At less than 10 kB, I'd leave it alone, it's ridiculous that it was flagged in the first place.

If you don't trust it, uninstall, seek a pleasant alternative - I haven't profiled it, so I have no opinion on it.

If that's the app (or its data folder lol?) then there's the answer - and when you have time, check out that thread, you'll see why we're all bent about not trusting certain things. That's up for your protection, not to nag you or express opinions ok. ;)

If it's not that app - would you have some other sharing app you've installed?

I expect your LG to already have some sharing functions built-in, but being a Korean phone, I'd be somewhat surprised to discover any of that tagged in Chinese.

Hope this helps!

PS - could be your toolbox app is Chinese and just did that for whatever reason.

PPS - if you need a good file explorer to go looking for that folder (if it truly exists), try X-plore it's pretty good.

(Had to edit this because I was doing two posts at once and got the wrong app name in here - sorry about that, confusion happens.)

Last edited:
Reactions: suzukiparts1
Upvote 0
I do not have Battery Doctor on here. The app that at discovered it (all in 1 tool box) was searching for junk, app leftovers, cache files, etc that were wasting memory on my phone. I have never seen any files with Chinese(?) names on the phone before which is what caught my attention. I don't know if it is malware or not, but since I do quite a bit of business on my phone I get concerned about protecting the information that goes through my device.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones