• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange behavior: Calling by using "recent calls" list calls random numbers.

Hugi

Lurker
Hello
Hoping someone can figure out what is going on. Yesterday I called my wife by pressing her contact in the "recent calls" list, however the number called is not hers, but some random number. Her contact on my phone has not changed. Even more weirdly my mother-in-law came to me with the same problem (she has a Doro phone for elderly people). We have so far only problems with my wife's number.

When I looked at my call history more closely I noticed that these calls were registered to/from my wife but her name is spelled without spaces. It is spelled with spaces in my contacts. The contact without spaces does not exist in my contacts.

Is this some kind of of virus?

Also dial her number first directly to see if number goes through. If it does, then delete her number from the contact list and reboot your device. Then add her number again to the contact list and see what happens, I agree could be a glitch.

The call in recent calls ... was it in fact from your wife based on time and duration? I have seen a lot of number spoofing recently with spam calls and sometimes they get identified as people I know, but NOT their actual contact information.

The call in recent calls ... was it in fact from your wife based on time and duration? I have seen a lot of number spoofing recently with spam calls and sometimes they get identified as people I know, but NOT their actual contact information.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I get a bunch of fake calls from real numbers on my work phone/landline every day.
These spammers,robocallers and scammers are so sophisticated now it's really bad.

Back
Top Bottom