• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Strange behaviour on Milestone after installing CyanogenMOD

andoru

Lurker
For some reason, I have tried to flash a different rom on my Milestone and now it's not working properly anymore. Most of the apps malfunction, especially the ICS Launcher. Whenever I want to start the Market, it crashes ICS (reporting: "The application Ice Cream Sandwich 2.4 (process mobile.SyndicateApps.ICS) has stopped unexpectedly please try again"); nothing installs from the Market in the android browser; I can't back up my data from the previous ROM (due to not being able to install the specific application for that task from the market), I can't sync with google (says "Unable to open connection to server"), music player always stops when I multitask, and as a cherry on top, now I can't access recovery mode. Whenever I try to do that it quickly flashes two images, first the one with the exclamation mark in triangle, then the scond I can't identify, then the phone simply shuts off. What should I do now? The patching and update went just fine. The changelog of the CyanogenMOD says "iceandfire-v3.2-Milestone", but I'm not sure of the version of the mod itself. What can I do to work around this issue or where could I have gone wrong? The rom works very well and I was surprised of the features it's offers and the speed of it compared to the stock ROM of the phone, but it's just the above problems that makes the phone almost unusable.

I followed this video and installed the ROM that was suggested in the video comments here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=63FVDF_V5PI
The only thing is that in the video the guy mentions Android 2.3.3 and my phone reports 2.3.5 instead.

Uhm any chance u got the wrong ROM? the ROMs for Milestone and Droid is different.
Tried flashing again?Maybe try another ROM or redownload the ROM?

Back