• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange e-mail reception

Juergen

Lurker
Hello guys,

got my Tab 10.5 WIFI 2 days ago and are satisfied so far very much.

BUT:

Sending an .xlsx file from my laptop turns out to be receipted by the original mail program as an attached WINMAIL.dat file.

Receiving the original mail either back on my laptop or on my googlemail account on the tablet turns out to work just fine.
Which means sending and receiving works. Exept receiving it on the original mail program.

Any ideas?

Thx & enjoy

Andrew

Hello guys,

got my Tab 10.5 WIFI 2 days ago and are satisfied so far very much.

BUT:

Sending an .xlsx file from my laptop turns out to be receipted by the original mail program as an attached WINMAIL.dat file.

Receiving the original mail either back on my laptop or on my googlemail account on the tablet turns out to work just fine.
Which means sending and receiving works. Exept receiving it on the original mail program.

Any ideas?

Thx & enjoy

Andrew
welcome to AF!!!!!!!

i always use gmail to read my emails.....never like native mail apps on most devices. communication between the app and server seems to always get mixed up regardless of device. i found that if you have a yahoo account to use the yahoo mail app for example.

Back
Top Bottom