• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange problems with nexus s buttons

For some reason after i installed the ROM Paranoid Android for my Nexus S and replaced it with Cyanogenmod 10.1, all the hardware buttons stopped working! I do no however that they are not dead because i can still use them in my recovery and in other places, just not on Cyanogenmod. Here is something even more strange, sometimes when the OS starts up the buttons kind of work for a couple of seconds. However, they slow down the OS a huge amount to where i think it froze. But then after some seconds i get taken to the lock screen, and the buttons don't work again :confused:. Any help is much appreciated!

For some reason after i installed the ROM Paranoid Android for my Nexus S and replaced it with Cyanogenmod 10.1, all the hardware buttons stopped working! I do no however that they are not dead because i can still use them in my recovery and in other places, just not on Cyanogenmod. Here is something even more strange, sometimes when the OS starts up the buttons kind of work for a couple of seconds. However, they slow down the OS a huge amount to where i think it froze. But then after some seconds i get taken to the lock screen, and the buttons don't work again :confused:. Any help is much appreciated!

Hello and welcome, Multisupermoono. This Support area of the Nexus S forum is far more active than the old root section, so I've moved your question here from the Android Lounge for you. Perhaps we'll see some Nexus S owners input.

Meanwhile, it sounds to me like you may not have done a dalvik cache wipe prior to flashing the second ROM. That often leaves artifacts which might not play nice with the next ROM.

I'd take the trouble to start fresh, clearing everything via recovery menu (cache wipe, etc) and re-flash the ROM of choice, being sure to backup needed contacts, data etc with Titanium or whichever is your choice.

Wiping everything in TWRP did not seem to work. When i flashed the ROM again everything stayed the same. There is however, one interesting thing. When i was in TWRP i pressed the back button on my phone and it worked but everything started to lag heavily. Could i have a problem with TWRP as well?

Ok, so i wiped everything and then installed stock gingerbread. After that, i wiped everything again and installed Cyanogenmod and everything worked!:D
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom