• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strangest bug

thanks for all your great answers.

I guess this is it: "... and/or in countries where the electricity is not stable. "

I never should have bought this phone :(
The phone is great but I should have stuck with traditional phones.

I bought the phone from a guy on the internet, from a local website resembling E-bay :(
I just have the device, no warranty.

Upvote 0
Nah, waranty is with samsung not who you buy it from. If you have a receipt/can prove when you bought it, then you're waranty is 1 year from that date. Samsung won't even ask you for that proof right now because the phone is less than 1 year old, so it must be in waranty.

Check samsung.com about repairs in your country. You may have to ship it to them at your cost, but they'll reapir it.

You should use a surge protector if your electricity supply is like that - but imho they arent totally safe either. Best bet for expensive stuff is to buy a cheap low capacity UPS - even second hand will do, and even if the batteries are pretty much dead. It offers total protection for devices since the batteries act like huge capacitors!

Upvote 0
thanks for all your great answers.

I guess this is it: "... and/or in countries where the electricity is not stable. "

I never should have bought this phone :(
The phone is great but I should have stuck with traditional phones.

I bought the phone from a guy on the internet, from a local website resembling E-bay :(
I just have the device, no warranty.

I have experience repairing these phones. From all the messages I think you did the right things: 1. you tried with a different battery 2. you tried with a different cable (once from the charger and once from the PC USB port). If that is correct, you have a faulty unit. Save the contents and say good bye to your phone. You will sleep better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones