• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at LG boot screen

bolski

Android Enthusiast
For some reason, my Vortex decided to hang on the LG boot screen. I cannot get into recovery mode at all and I cannot boot the phone up.

It appears my recover image is gone so holding down Power+Home+Vol Down doesn't work.

I've hooked up LGNPST and have attempted to downgrade to the previous ROM version but will this work when the phone is stuck at the LG prompt?

Have I bricked my phone? It was rooted and running a custom ROM.

I've used LGNPST to downgrade before, but I don't remember it taking over 30 minutes. Am I hosed?

Here is a screen shot of it:

2909705460045005480asWTDT_fs.jpg

Whew! Got lucky. Somehow, I was able to get the recovery menu to show up. I know I holding Home+Vol Down and then pressing and holding power, but it wasn't working. Then, for some reason, it worked.

Now my question is, I did backup and save the "bad" image because I have game settings for things like Plants vs. Zombies, Angry Birds, etc. I want to get those files so I can put them back into a new image when I flash it.

Is there a way for me to read the system files from something say like Windows Explorer when it's hooked up to the computer in the recovery menu? Since the bad image hangs on booting, I would like to somehow read those files, save them to my SD Card and when I reimage, copy them back so I can keep my progress in the games I mentioned. Otherwise, I have no other way to recover those files.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom