• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in CWM Bootloop

spiff72

Hey everyone - new to this phone and I think I may have bricked this thing. I flashed the CWM recovery found elsewhere in this forum (via flashify) and it went ok, but i think i accidentally accepted the OTA update, and got myself in a world of hurt.

I am now stuck in an endless CWM bootloop. I have tried flashing different ROMs -- specifically the stock rooted ZV5 ROMs from this thread:
http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-volt-stock-zv5-rooted-rom-odex-deodex.896545

They appear to flash correctly (no error messages), but when i choose to reboot, it just boots back to recovery.

I was going to try flashing TWRP via fastboot, but I can't get the device to be recognized by my computer.

Any suggestions out there??

UPDATE: I installed the universal ADB driver (from Koush), and I can see the device with ADB now while it is in recovery, but no fastboot access (when in bootloader mode - press volume up while rebooting).

It also appears that the system directory is empty when i run an adb shell. This seems like a problem!

Is there a way to flash TWRP when I am stuck in this state?

It's been a while since I've used CWM, it can flash from external storage, right? If so, you should be able to put the twrp image on a micro SD (through a micro SD reader or anotger phone or something) and flash it that way.

You can go to the rooting guide and use the first few steps in the depreciated guide to install zv3. I don't think there is a way to flash TWRP through recovery...at least not without making the flashable zip yourself.

Back
Top Bottom