• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on CyanogenMod rotating circles

I'm trying to upgrade my Nook Color from CM7 to CM10 and get stuck at theloading circles. I have the rom installed in the EMMC memory. i wiped the data/cache/Davlik and fixed permitions. Using CWM v6.0.1.2. Don't know what im doing wrong.

I put the rom and the gapps on the sd card and intall them form there. First wipe data/cache, install the rom, wipe data/cache/davlik reboot and get stuck

That guide is quite old, almost a year, which is a long time for type of thing, esp. when it was intended for 10.0 and you're flashing 10.2, two full android versions newer. I'm concerned if you have a big enough system folder, but not sure how that's handled on the Nook any more. I know on the HP Touchpad, system has to be resized bigger for 10.1 and 10.2.

You ARE using the correct gApps build tho. Gapps - CyanogenMod

Have you tried DL'ing again, maybe a different build date?

I suggest you try CM7 again and move from there.

Maybe start with a different sdcard. Obviously something isn't working right on your end if two different guides fail for you.

You ARE waiting at least 20 minutes for the boot looping to end, right? With an antique like the Nook, which is pretty slow, you have to wait awhile.

I have gome from CM7 to CM9(both working fine) and then CM10, have left them overnight a couple of times and still stuck. I guess i just settle for CM9 for now.

I just installed Cyanogen 10.1.3 on my Nook Color 2 days ago. Works perfectly. Slow yes, but I'm basically using it with a chess study app (combination chess engine/pdf book reader) and for that it's perfect. Wouldn't want to surf the web with this thing. Actually the reason I joined this forum was to thank colchiro; I couldn't have gotten past the bootable CWM without your clear walk-through so Thank You!

Give gapps 20130301 a try; that's what I used.

Maybe try using the reformat and repartition files I found here:
Step-by-step: how to install Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) on the Nook Color [updated May 2013] | JamesRigg.com

Used 10.1.3 dated 9/23/2013 found here:
CyanogenMod Downloads

I just used a 2GB SD card I had lying around, nothing special. Maybe if all else fails try a new card as colchiro said. Good luck.

Something intresting... I wipe the davlik cache and the regular cache and rebooted. It showed life since it went to the Android is upgrading creen, but after upgrading all apps, it got stucked again. I left it in the morning "upgrading", after work it was still "starting apps"

Back
Top Bottom