• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck Returning to Stock for Warranty

iamz3r0

Lurker
I was running LiquidSmooth after obtaining S-OFF using Revolutionary on my Thunderbolt I had bought online. After a few days the charging port would no longer charge the phone. The device is under warranty so I readied a return and ordered an external battery charger to get the Thunderbolt back to stock.

My external charger showed up in the mail and I fully charged the battery while getting the files required to follow this guide to returned to a relocked bootloader, S-ON, and the "stock" Android. I was able to unroot the phone but after flashing the PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.19.zip, it returned "Failed-UZ" (or something along those lines, I know it failed to unzip though). After 3-4 retries, it returned the same error.

I decided to use a RUU executable from Shipped-Roms (stupid of me, I was S-OFF) and it failed with "wrong bootloader version". Now I believe I've dug a hole here. :o
Rather than digging a bit more and "throwing" the phone into it, I figured I'd ask for a bit of help.

--

My goal is to return it to the most stock it could be. Just so I don't get hit the replacement fee. This charging port is a bit finicky but it does work. It just takes a few plugs/unplugs to get it into FASTBOOT USB and recognized by the PC. I've tried using a couple methods to return to some sort of working order and it runs through and gives "Checking . . PG05IMG.zip..." then it just goes right back to HBOOT.

I'm unable to get into the phone and it doesn't help that the phone is old so 9/10 links are dead or lead to useless advertisements. Excuse my frustration as I understand some of what I'm doing. I'm just getting increasingly aggravated at the idea of paying for an out-of-date phone when it's under the seller's warranty.

Code:
*** RELOCKED ***
MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.05.0000
MICROP-/
RADIO-1.48.00.0930w_3
eMMC-boot
Jul 19 2011,14:51:08

Many thanks ahead of time!
- H00k3d0nCr0n1cz / Zero

Back
Top Bottom