• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupid Camera sound..

International version here and I also do not have an option for shutter sound. However if it have the phone on silent (via long press of power key and turning sound off) then the shutter is silent. I prefer to have have it on though as sometimes it is hard to tell whether or not the picture actually took when using voice command without it.

Upvote 0
Big thanks to gge5.

This was so simple. I'm rooted and followed your instructions using ROM Toolbox. I was done in a less than 2 minutes.

The camera sounds can be disable with root access.

Use Root Explorer or Root Browser and navigate to:
/system/media/audio/ui/

I renamed the following files so that they couldn't be found by the camera application:
Cam_Start.ogg (to Cam_Start.ogg.bak)
Cam_Stop.ogg
camera_click.ogg
Camera_click_short.ogg
Shutter.ogg
Shutter_multiple.ogg
VideoRecord.ogg

After a reboot the camera shouldn't make shutter noise. You can also selectively disable the focus and timer sounds by altering their corresponding files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones