• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stupid noob wlan0 question

Brian1215

Lurker
This is probably a stupid noob question but i am completely stumped and have spent the last month searching the web for a solution that actually works. All im trying to do is change the channel of wlan0 to whatever i choose through terminal. Still rockin my stock rom but considering changing that real soon. Was also wondering if upgrading to a new ROM would affect any of my wifi settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been lurking on these forums for over a year through every model phone i have had. I would know absolutely nothing without these forums. You guys are great Im loving android and have done some pretty nice things to this phone all off of stock ROM. I want to take this phone as far as i can before i upgrade to something better. Again i cant thank you guys enough for all your hard work.

The wlan adapter uses whatever channel the access point is on. The access point (wireless router in most cases) sets the channel, the phone doesn't. Use an app like Wifi Analyzer to find an unused channel (preferably a channel in the middle of a block of unused channels) and set your router on that channel. When you connect the phone's wifi to that router, it will be on that channel.

Yeah but i was wondering if there was a manual way for this model. Perhaps i should explain my purpose first. I have basically turned this phone into a pentesting phone. I have added almost every common pentest tool except for backtrack and have even accomplished successful monitor mode with stock ROM all without the aid of a PC or a laptop. I got hacked a while back by a middle school kid with a basic cheap end android and have been fascinated ever since. Most of what i have accomplished with this device is probably more dumb luck than actual skill but i am enjoying the learning process. I have run in to my final problem of being able to manually focus my channel upon command..... after this problem is solved my final task for this device is to get backtrack5 up and operational with full monitor mode of course :) thanks again for any advice or tips. You guys are great and i really cant thank you guys enough for how many sticky situations i have avoided just by checking here first. Keep up the great work guys.

Back
Top Bottom