• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

successful returns for light leakage?

At Radio Shack:

Exchanged my wife's phone (HW 0002) for battery issues, above and beyond the norm, and light leakage/screen separation. It took a threat to call the District Manager, but it was accomplished. Her new phone (HW 0003) is perfect and seems to have a screen that is just a hair dimmer than my existing HW 0002. No light leak, screen is recessed, and it has very good battery life.

I mentioned that I would be exchanging mine soon for leakage/screen separation and the mgr there said that I would have to wait for the folks on the "waiting list" to purchase their phones first. WTF?!?! I told him that I would give it a few more days (If, for any other reason, to get HW 0003), but I WOULD be exchanging my phone.

The jerk even got a new EVO in from FedEx while I was exchanging my wife's phone and told me "It's spoken for." The only reason I didn't press the issue was because I didn't want to risk getting another HW 0002.

But that's my story...for what it's worth.

Upvote 0
So I called my local best buy if they had any in stock because I wanted to exchange mine. She says yes. So I get there and someon else there tells me they're all on hold for other people. F$#!^$ ridiculous! So now I have only one week before my 30 day return policy is up. They put me on the waiting list. We'll see how this unfolds.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Upvote 0
I also got light leakage bleeding on to the lcd only, and its only on the left corner of the lcd just above the home button. My screen is flush and no issues with light leakage under the buttons, I'm on hardware 2.

The leakage on the lcd is quite annoying though, since i always see it as a super bright white spot on the corner of the screen at all times.

I got my phone through the sprint website, do you guys think it's worth it for me to exchange it for a version 3? Should I call *2 on my phone for this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones