• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sucessfully rooted! Now what can I get rid of? how can I speed it up?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Successfully rooted my tablet with a combination of Odin, TWRP, SuperSU and android-armeabi-universal-root-signed. Took a couple of tries but I am in! Thanks to those who helped!

Now:
1: What can I get rid of. is there a list of expendable apps I can get rid of?
2: What can I do to speed it up? (Already overclocking kernel with no-frills CPU control)
3: Any Must-have apps?
4: Is there a PDF reader that will scroll left to right, like an epub, as opposed to scrolling down?

thanks!

PM

Successfully rooted my tablet with a combination of Odin, TWRP, SuperSU and android-armeabi-universal-root-signed. Took a couple of tries but I am in! Thanks to those who helped!

Now:
1: What can I get rid of. is there a list of expendable apps I can get rid of?
2: What can I do to speed it up? (Already overclocking kernel with no-frills CPU control)
3: Any Must-have apps?
4: Is there a PDF reader that will scroll left to right, like an epub, as opposed to scrolling down?

thanks!

PM

1.You can delete game hub, hangouts, email, watchON, polaris office, play games and just any other unnecessary apps that don't affect the sytem.

2. Well you can freeze apps that you never use or rarely use to free up some ram and I think there are build.prop tweaks that you can add to your build.prop but you'd have to google that cause I don't remember.

3. Titanium Backup (pro if you can buy it) or just any app that allows you to backup, restore and freeze your apps. Root explorer (paid app) is a definite must in my opinion. It's just like the my files app but lets you explore your system files and delete or move them around as well.

4. I know nothing about pdf readers so I'll just leave this alone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones