• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Battery Issue

Hey all, I've been having some weird issues with my battery lately. I used to get a solid 1.5-2 days out of my Droid X before it would hit 15%-20%. I'm a pretty moderate user of the phone by my definition. I text pretty often, look up a few things on the web here and there, update some social networking things, and get my emails.

But in the last two weeks my battery has not been very kind to me at all. I'm lucky to get through a day with moderate usage. Now by the time I go to bed the phone is almost dead after the entire day. After a full charge and not using it overnight, it'll be at 70%-80% when I wake up. I've gone from charging it every other night to at least once a day to sometimes twice a day. I'm on maximum battery saver, background data is off, screen is dimmed almost all the way, no gps settings are on, and I just updated my roaming capabilities as well. As for some more background information I have LPP, widget locker and beautiful widgets all running. It's really puzzling to me what happened to my DX; the battery issue just came out of the blue.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do? I figure this would be the wisest place to come first with my problem. Anyways thanks for your help in advance.

Have you added any new apps lately that might be hogging the battery. Check your battery usage and see what is using the majority of your juice. Also you might want to download the app Watchdog. It will alert you to any app using an inordnate amount of battery.

It's also possible that, due to a bug, an app might be hogging processor power even after you close it. I recently installed Air Attack HD, which is a fun game, but occasionally has issues. I noticed that my phone was sluggish and the battery was dying quickly the other day, and upon checking OSMonitor, I saw that Air Attack was still using 60+% of my processor, even though I had used the exit command within the app.

Either way, some monitoring program such as the one Bankswood mentioned, or OSMonitor, should help you narrow down the problem.

I think looking into one of those problems would be my best bet. I check the battery manager all the time and it's nothing out of the ordinary. Display, phone idle, cell standby android system and then other apps that don't use that much battery. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom