• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Suddenly email and calendar won't sync

djchoragos

Lurker
Jun 19, 2013
Hello all.

I have a MyTouch 4G running Android 2.3.6. The phone is a few months old.

A few days after I got it all set up, Google suddenly stopped syncing with my email and calendar. It will send email via Google (albeit very slowly), but won't receive. I am still connected to my account, as I can open old mail and look at mail more than 4 days old. It just won't update, even if I try to refresh. The network connection was fine, my pop mail was syncing and everything else appeared to be functioning correctly. I mucked about with all the settings, rebooted, etc. The only way I could get it to work again was to reset the phone and re-set up everything.

Unfortunately it's happened again. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions, as I really don't want to reinstall everything and go through all the setup again.

Thanks!

Sounds like you have tried the usual. I have an out of box thought. Is your password in your Google account strong? Wild idea huh?

Generally what you describe is bad settings. Email uses two servers one out one in. The outy usually has more security. So maybe look at the SMTP server settings and also reenter password on that setting is possible.....very carefully

Reactions: djchoragos
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ideas. The password is fairly strong. It would be pretty peculiar that all of a sudden the settings would just change themselves though. Of course it's an electronic device so anything can happen.

I would stress that it's just the Google account that's having problems. All the imap/smtp stuff is kind of handled in the background as a consequence.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones