• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

suitable dual usb charger for the uk

I am in the uk and trying to buy a dual usb charger that I can charge my galaxy +a htc phone. All ready returned one that did not work?
Do the usb converters work? Has anyone purchases this socket from flea bay? Or can suggest an alternative
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121018996432?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619[/URL]

I googled "can I charge my samsung galaxy note 10.1 from any usb port" I read various articles and got the impression that it will charge if the note is turned off but very slowly if it was on, but this might be due to ice cream sandwich problem, with a red X over the battery icon.
So I would say that basiclly No, but if you look hard enough on flea bay there are some that state samsung compatible. As I did see some when buying one similar to your link for a different purpose.
Dave T

Aas I understand it our notes need 2amps to charge. Most usb's only trickle charge at 1amp. This results in the red cross on the battery symbol most multi mains say that they are a 2amp rating but for some reason our notes dissagrees and you get the red cross. There are converters that are available that will up this charge to the 2amp. But I am hoping that someone in the uk has been successful in purchasing a chargers that works out of the box!

I've found it charges very slowly over a laptop USB, half the normal speed perhaps? Makes sense given the 1amp/2amp comments above

I also bought a second mains charger over Amazon, not a Samsung one, this died after 4 weeks and I sent it back for a refund. I'm likely to a buy a second genuine Samsung charger shortly, plus a spare USB cable for charging on the road via laptop.

I think sometimes when you buy cheap prices you get cheap quality

I was hoping to get one with 2 usb slots so that I can charge my phone at the same time and remove a plug from the overcrowded socket.

Back
Top Bottom