• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sup guys!

yungree

I'm prolly getting this phone today!! I had the lg volt but I cracked the screen. So what are some pros and cons about this phone? I know it's only 3g. It that don't bother me cause I can't get 4g in my area

Hi yungree, congrats on the new phone! :)
My Moto G (US GSM) isn't my daily driver, I mainly use it as a media player (an iPod Touch if you will) at work and home. I did run it through some paces on T-Mo for a month to bother try their service and use the phone, as, well a phone.
Some pros:
-PRICE! :D
-Size, how it feels in the hand. My wife has a Moto X and this one feels just as good. It's a little small feeling next to my G2, but I dig it when just pecking through Google Music.
-Battery life. Well, it's good, but my use case is very different so YMMV.
-Screen. It's solid, and reminds me a bit of my old Gnex despite not being AMOLED.
-Latest software. My model is still behind some others (like the Verizon variant :eek:) but still being on 4.4.2 is just fine for me. The bundled Moto software is limited but useful. Also, depending on where you go yours, no bloat!

Cons
-Honestly, the only thing is the camera. It's just... bad. If you have good lighting outside, it can be fine, but otherwise, don't bother.

Overall, I love this phone. If I had to use T-Mo or travel overseas, I'd be more than happy with it. HSPA+ on T-Mo was plenty fast for me since LTE is so congested in DC.

Anyway, enjoy your new phone! :)

Welcome to the club yungree! Sorry to hear about your Volt. Hope you enjoy your new Moto G.

My only con would be the camera as well. But, I tend to carry my Canon S100 with me, so problem solved. :p

I live in a weak signal area, but it doesn't affect battery life. :)

Like the screen. It's the best in its class. I've watched several 720p movie clips and it plays beautifully.

I'm a casual gamer, but have played Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger 2 etc... No problem.

It's a very solid phone. Only 2g lighter than the much larger GS5.

Oh, and nano-coating.

Using a Grip Shell ATM.

One possible con if you need lots of storage space is the 8GB internal with 5GB available to use. I'm not sure if the 16GB option is available on the CDMA version.

Back
Top Bottom