• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Super Blue Moon

olbriar

Tonight is the night to see the Super Blue moon. Best viewing is to catch it on the horizon. Called blue because its the second full moon in a month's span. Super because the moon is closer to the earth in its elliptical orbit. It will appear closer and brighter. Cost nothing to see if you have the chance. Next Super Blue Moon will be in 2037

I drove out into the country and took this pic. S21 Ultra 100X
Super Blue Moon.jpg

I couldn't help but marvel that moon will completely cover the sun next April.

My mother was in love with ol blue eyes :) and had a lot of his music. Tony Bennett and Perry Como were often played as well.
Nat King Cole and Johnny Mathis... loads of big band music. I guess the early exposure to that music left me enjoying it. I collected what I could. I don't often play the forties music but I do enjoy it now and then.

I couldn't help but marvel that moon will completely cover the sun next April.

My mother was in love with ol blue eyes :) and had a lot of his music. Tony Bennett and Perry Como were often played as well.
Nat King Cole and Johnny Mathis... loads of big band music. I guess the early exposure to that music left me enjoying it. I collected what I could. I don't often play the forties music but I do enjoy it now and then.

You need to go to Kitt Peak National Observatory - Home KPNO - KPNO During the day you watch the sun on a giant 12' round table. They also have a night program. I did both.

LOL! We had a Perry Como Christmas album

Addendum: I just saw the day time Sun tour is on hold. Kitt Peak use to have the largest sun telescope

I basically had the telescope pictured below when my kids were growing up. It was a great adventure taking in the marvels of space. I sold it and came near getting my money back when my kids were grown. A great hobby.
12067_Advanced_VX_11_SCT_01_570x380@2x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom