• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Super User keeps asking for permission

JB in AZ

Android Expert
After a hiccup, I rooted my new EVO with 2.02 HBOOT via the 3.3.1 Unrevoked software today. 3.3 didn't work. Long story...

Anyway, now everytime I open an app that requires SU permissions, it asks me to allow permission. I have told it to remember, I have tried it with notifications set to both notfy me and to NOT notify me, yet it always comes up with that screeen that I have to click "allow". SU v2.3.6.1 The apps that have been given permission show in the apps list. Everything seems to work, this doesn't seem right to me. Is there another setting I am missing? Any other ideas? Thanks!

I'd try clearing data for SU, then go back and give all the permissions again. See if it keeps asking after that. Usually when I have problems with apps not working correctly, a good clear data from menu>applications>select app from the "all list">clear data usually does the trick, even though it's a pain to set it back up again.

Back
Top Bottom