• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SuperSU

No, but is it is not on auto update, then you can follow the updates and choose whether to install or depending if others are having issues.

I will also move this to the root section as this app is related to root.

no reason at all if you have a custom recovery, if you bork your superuser somehow you could always reflash the rom again or flash a nandroid backup (you have to make one first). if you just had stock and somehow gave yourself root without installing recovery (not likely) then a bad update could sour your day slightly...

but overall these things are tanks.

I would keep it on auto-update, but one thing to note that has bothered me in the past, this is probably obvious to some, but when it updates you need to reauthorize your apps for root -- so if you use a scheduled backup like with titanium backup, you need to reopen titanium backup and authorize the root after super su updates because it doesnt remember after the new binary is installed. if you don't do this, titanium backup will complain it cant get root when it tries to run the scheduled backup.

Back
Top Bottom