• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SUPPORT] USB connectivity issues

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys, it's loopy time. xD

I've been through XDA, again, nobody seems to really have an answer for this, or even an answer for me. There's this guy over there named Kuma that made a stock 2nd-init locked bootloader ROM based off of 10e. I don't really desire to go back to it, but I like the fact that it comes with the xposed framework which you all know is an easy way to theme things that you should be able to theme, like making the status bar and notification area transparent.

I made a mistake in thinking that you can install Chainfire 3D on a locked BL, boy was I wrong. Two soft bricks later, I end up on 10d then do the OTA update to 10e. I've got the LG Mobile Support tool working as the offline flash. So I threw d on there and it worked....until I decided that I wanted to enable USB debugging.

There was a thread where I was advised to use Fastboot to flash the U and X boots, which I succeeded, but it wiped most of the partitions. At first I was panicking like...OMG, the family is going to worry because at this point I thought I was hard bricked, and my father is ill yada yada. So after about twenty minutes of crying and flipping out, I was able to get the USB for fastboot working with OMAP (which is tricky to install!) Three bottles of Pepsi Cola later, some chips, and a honey bun, I was able to get back to stock 10d.

Now, I've tried various drivers to try and get this thing to a go for ADB so I could root, install 2nd-init, and get Kuma's ROM back. I tried the updated drivers from the LG website. I have tried LG drivers 3.8.1.

The issue that I am having is that I am unable to access any of the connectivity modes while USB debugging is checked. If I uncheck it and try to plug it in, everything works perfectly. However, when USB Debugging is checked, no matter what connectivity mode I am on, I suffer with the LG Software coming up in autoplay and furthermore disconnecting after about ten seconds.

I tried in Ubuntu Linux to get it to work, and the same thing happens. This leads me to believe that either there is something wrong with the phone or something wrong with my computer, but other devices work. I'm really confused. Is there partitions for 10e MS769 MetroPCS that I can flash via fastboot to correct this? Is there another tool I can use to do this? I pretty much know fastboot is the key, but i'm going to need some assistance.

Hope you guys have an answer. I sure don't.

This happens because you erased the persist image with fastboot. Sorry I can't post links yet forum. xda-developers .com /showthread .php? p= 49475336 # post49475336

Back
Top Bottom