• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'swipe' screen driving me crazy..... how to kill?

jeffpas

Lurker
Every time I set my phone down for a few minutes, the 'Swipe' screen pops ups, forcing me to wipe my finger across the glass to get back to what I was doing. But then what I was doing has vanished..... and it shows my phone dial screen, forcing me to back out of that and look for/bring back whatever web page or app I was in.

Its absolutely maddening, and it happens 20 times a day. Thank god I don't have to type in some kind of password each time, as there is an option under Settings--> Security--> Screen Lock for "Swipe"

However, web pages online talk about another option on this menu, "None", that will free you forever from this annoying burden.
Of course, its missing from the list completely! All there is is "Swipe", "Pattern", "PIN" and "Password".
Where is "None", and how do I get it back? Has anyone found it, thanks

The thing is, I believe that the swipe to unlock is the only thing available that doesn't require a password of some sort. You could set your screen off time some some large number (like say 30 min or an hour) and that'll prevent the screen timing out on you.

However, web pages online talk about another option on this menu, "None", that will free you forever from this annoying burden.
Of course, its missing from the list completely!
From what I've read, the None option is disabled under certain circumstances - like having an app that requires security, multiple accounts on the phone, encryption enabled, etc.

From what I've read, the None option is disabled under certain circumstances - like having an app that requires security, multiple accounts on the phone, encryption enabled, etc.

Quite so,
I was using Swipe and then I installed a vpn service.
Poof! no more Swipe available on the phone.

uninstalled the vpn, and it was back again...
but, I need that vpn so that when I get into my secret Swiss Bank Accounts, no one can track me. :rolleyes:

* Adguard for Android Overview - the world's most advanced ad blocker

How do I know if there are multiple accounts on the phone?
And its not disabled. The option just isn't listed there at all....

Never mind I figured it out.
There was a little blue head icon that for some reason appeared in the upper right on the screen last week.
When I touch it, it showed a "Regular" and "Guest" account.
Apparently the Android system Updates installed a guest account on my smartphone!
When I deleted the guest account, the NONE option reappeared.

My life is a continual battle to turn comfounded updates OFF on software. Restless fidgety gremlins forever tinkering.... 3/4 of the time they break what already worked...... ughhhh

Back
Top Bottom