• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switch from Verizon to Pageplus

magdelaine

Android Enthusiast
We are tired of being raped by Verizon every month and, given our low overall usage, want to move to Pageplus. Question is, does this violate the new anti-unlock law? If not, how does one go about this?

We have an Incredible 2 and an LG Spectrum.

Thanks!

I don't believe it violates the new law. I believe one of the conditions of the law was that any phone purchased before it went into effect was immune from it. So as long as you bought them before 1/26/13, you should be ok as far as that law goes.

I'm pretty sure the droid INC 2 will work on page plus without any outside assistance. Just activate it and your good to go. I'm currently using droid X on page plus.

We are tired of being raped by Verizon every month and, given our low overall usage, want to move to Pageplus. Question is, does this violate the new anti-unlock law? If not, how does one go about this?

We have an Incredible 2 and an LG Spectrum.

Thanks!

CDMA phones aren't carrier locked, at least not in the way that GSM phones are - it's just that CDMA carriers (Verizon & Sprint) refuse to activate devices not sold by them. Most (if not all) Verizon 3G phones can be activated on Page Plus without changing a thing on the phone.

PagePlus will activate nearly any Verizon non-4G phone on their network...it takes less than 15 minutes usually and no settings changes need to be made to the phone...no unlocking or flashing is required. I've been running two Droid Pro's on it for nearly a year, and set up a relative with an older LG phone. Uses the same towers as Verizon, and service is usually very good. One other point about Page Plus is their service is out of Ohio, and they have CSR's that are more responsive than almost any other MVNO, and even a lot of the major carriers.

4G phones and other CDMA phones can be flashed to Page Plus, but it's a more involved process.

Back
Top Bottom