• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switch main partitioning.

phillyundead

This is extremely frustrating. I can't handle this 1.2 gb of memory. I can't have any games at all really. I wish my HUAWEI Premia didn't break. That allowed me to use my SD as the maid partition stock even without root. Does anyone know of a way to fix this or a way around this? If not I'm not going to use those phone. This is just way too little memory. Thanks in advanced for any help.

I did follow all the instructions. This phone won't use the partitions on my SD card correctly. This phone isn't all that great other than this too. Huawei was a lot better quality and performance.

I did follow all the instructions. This phone won't use the partitions on my SD card correctly. This phone isn't all that great other than this too. Huawei was a lot better quality and performance.
Obviously not, otherwise it would have worked. Are you rooted?

Works perfect for me.
Have a bunch of apps and games installed only using up 334MB of space. I have a video in one of the threads here. Since then I've added more apps and games....

GL to SD also works for moving data for games.

I do not download the huge HD games, personally seems a bit silly trying to play them on a 4" phone screen...

Maybe you should stick with a "Huawei" phone then, and go over to that forum with the other fans of that phone. Sounds like you'd be much happier if you did. ;)

I have a question about Link2SD on the F3, hoping someone here can answer.

First I tried using the native "move to SD card" function (on my rooted TMo F3). When I unmounted the SD card to put some files on it, then the icons for all of the apps that were moved to the SD card were replaced by generic 'android' icons with a small SD card icon. Then, when I re-mounted the SD card, after the phone finished scanning it, the icons reverted back to normal and the apps worked fine.

Then I tried Link2SD. Same procedure. I removed the SD card to put some files on it. When I remounted the SD, all of my app links were broken and I had to reinstall them all. Any ideas on what went wrong? (If I had kept more detailed records of exactly what I observed, this post would probably be more helpful to anyone trying to give me a diagnostic)

On the Link2SD web site there is a FAQ that addresses this, but I don't really understand their reply.

FAQ - Link2SD
Q. I switch off my phone to remove the SD card, then switch on while SD card is removed. After I insert SD card again all apps that are linked to SD card get force close and failed to open.​

For now I'm sticking with the native "move to SD" function, because I frequently remove the SD card, and it's just not worth it to me to use if I'm just going to have to reinstall all of my apps every time I do that.

Thanks for any help!

Have you tried recreating a link in the Link2SD app?

I very seldom remove my SDcard, and don't recall seeing that issue when removing and reinstalling the SDcard.
On another phone flashing a ROM yes. That required recreating the link.

Why are you removing your card? That would get old fast.
You could use the USB cable to transfer files from a computer to your phone or I use WiFi File Explorer PRO, so no cables are needed at all. Can be a little slow if transferring huge files.

Like he ^ said. Why not connect the USB cable to your PC to transfer files. If you need drivers, they are on LG's site.

I got Link2SD working finally. I had to use ext2 instead of ext3. I was following the instructions saying use ext3 and that's why it wasn't working.

Back
Top Bottom