• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Swype still freezes

lburgguy

I love Swype but it keeps freezing on me. I have the version that came with the phone and I'm not sure if there is an update or what. Does anyone have a clue?

The way I've "fixed" it in the past only works for a day or so - go into Manage Applications - Swype - Clear Data.

My version is 2.8.50.12867

Thanks for any insight into this problem.

You could try using SlideIt instead from the app market, I like it WAY better :) It's not a free app however there is a free version to test.

I gave SlideIt a week's use and honestly it is not as accurate or fast as Swype. Swype just "knows" what I'm trying to "type" and SlideIt required way too much to get the same results as a working Swype.

But good idea, thanks.

@iburgguy Try this:
Go to Settings > Language & Keyboard > Select Input Method > switch to Android keyboard, or any other keyboard u have. Next, go to Applications > Force stop Swype. Finally, go back to Language & Keyboard > Select input method > switch back to Swype. Hopefully that'll fix the freezes problem when u reload Swype.

There's no official update for Swype on android market yet.

Back
Top Bottom