• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root swype?

RCope48

My swype keyboard quit working, says I need to upgrade, don't see it on the market, and Im not even sure where I got the version I have! Anyone have an apk? or something? when I go to the swype website it says:( be back later

You really shouldn't ask for swype apks here to keep the site open. I think swype is only available if it comes preloaded on your phone or you get the beta. Any other way of obtaining it is piracy.

You could try FlexT9 as it is by the same company and works almost the same (I'd say exactly, but I'm not sure) and I think it is like $5 in the market.

If Swype did not come on your phone, you used to be able to get the latest version from Swype | Text Input for Screens | Down for Maintenance but it appears then have been acquired by a company called nuance, so they have suspended the beta program. If Swype came preinstalled, the beta updates won't work.

exchanging .apk files is not permitted and not recommend because of version conflicts and activation failures. Not to mention it violates developers rights.

Back
Top Bottom